Legal and Compliance Japan
Main Purpose of Job:
The Legal and Compliance Counsel serve as the responsible person for all legal and compliance matters for Hoya Surgical Optics (HSO) Japan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide legal and compliance advice to support the business
- Establish and provide trainings about compliance program to the entire HSO Division in Japan
- Setup and work on measures related to risk management of HSO in Japan including credit management
- Share information and knowledge with related departments in HSO Japan, overseas HSO entities, and stakeholders in various projects, cases etc.
- Act as the contact person of external organizations such as the committee of Fair Competition Code of the Medical Devices Industry in Japan
- Draft and review contracts. If necessary, support the Legal Specialist with negotiations of contracts
- Control signature to every kind of materials
- Maintain procedures including in-house procedures
- Join other legal operations which are necessary for business of Medical Division in accordance with compliance
- Manage external counsel and legal/compliance budget
- University graduates (Bachelor's degree or higher)
- Qualified to practice law in Japan or a western jurisdiction
- At least 3 years experience in legal business, in private companies or law offices
- Experience in medical device or life science industry would be advantageous
- Excellent Japanese and English language skills
- Sound judgment and impeccable integrity
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Apply Now or E-Mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “Application for 'Job Title'”. Thank you!