R&D Project Manager
Main Purpose of Job
At HOYA Surgical Optics (HSO), employees grow through assignments that develop project leadership skills. We have an opportunity to hire an R&D Project Manager (R&D PM) reporting to the assigned Project Director in Global R&D Project Management.
The R&D Project Manager primarily leads the maintenance of business projects to drive continuous improvement and provide support to manufacturing and the business. He/She leads diverse cross-functional project teams and employs sound project management methods.
Role and Responsibilities
- Primarily lead the maintenance of business projects for the R&D Manufacturing process and Engineering Group, demonstrating a passion for science and engineering. Simultaneous handling of several big and small projects is required
- Foster collaboration with various functions such as Operations, Supply Chain, QA, and RA.
- Gather requirements and develop comprehensive project management plans to meet requirements
- Monitor and control projects, deliver milestones on time, within scope and budget
- Report progress and variance to plan to the Head of Manufacturing Process, Engineering and Governance as required
- Continuously identify risks and mitigations in the project workstreams
- Communicate project progress, risks, issues, and project needs on a regular basis
- Use common methods to define problems, identify gaps in performance, and design solutions
- Prioritise and implement improvements, measure and sustain results
- Keep abreast of best practices in project management and encourage wider adoption
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering or a relevant field
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP) and Six Sigma certification preferred
- At least 5 years’ industrial experience in project management in medical devices marketed under ISO 13485. Class III or class IIb implantable medical devices preferred
- Proven experience taking accountability for projects with successful goal achievement history. Experience leading or participating in Agile/Hybrid project teams is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and innovatively combined with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Involvement in change control for manufacturing process and suppliers
- Experience as a change agent is a plus.
- Experienced in Six Sigma methodologies, for example Lean or DFSS
- Proven experience working with contracted vendors and labs
- Skilled in MS Project or similar project management software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to engage, negotiate and influence senior managers and stakeholders across various disciplines, functional and geographical boundaries
- Detail-oriented and ability to make decisions based on facts
- High standard of work delivery and documentation incorporating Good Documentation Practices
- Self-awareness and good work ethics
- Up to 20%, typically within Asia, but may need to travel to Europe or US (United States)
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Apply Now or E-Mail your resume to email@example.com; subject “Application for 'Job Title'”. Thank you!