Senior Buyer / Planner
Main Purpose of Job
This role ensures that Purchase Orders from the regions are loaded accordingly with no disruptions in Direct Material supplies to Production and to ensure an efficient end-to-end supply planning process. He/She manages all Direct Material purchasing activities for the company, and is responsible for buying and planning for Singapore and Thailand
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Direct Material Planning & Purchasing:
- Inventory management of direct materials and process owner for material planning.
- Review and evaluate safety stock levels, minimum order quantities, suppliers lead time and QA IQC lead time on a regular basis to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Monitor actual and forecasted consumption of materials (based on demand planning’s data and production planning loading plan for current month) to ascertain purchase order quantities and schedules.
- Evaluate material requirements, create and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers.
- Balance material purchase and consumption such that write-offs are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure material purchase and stock levels are within stock targets.
- Follow-up with suppliers on delivery schedules to meet production plans.
- Issue RTV for defective materials to suppliers and compile relevant date for reporting.
- Ensure accuracy of information on Purchase Orders and Order Confirmation from suppliers.
- Follow up with closure of Purchase Orders with Finance for payment.
- Maintain part numbers and planning parameters in AX.
- Support HLAM and HMSP purchase and shipment process including direct materials to GDC if needed.
- Maintain common files and ensure timely update of master data into planning systems.
- Provide weekly update on the purchased parts monthly ending inventory in order to ensure warehouse has sufficient space to contain the incoming and management knows the stock situation to react to demand changed.
- Management of direct materials to ensure stock levels are within targets.
- Coordinate with production, import and export team, ME, IQC and QA team to resolve backorder issues impacting planning and shipment due to direct materials encounter quality issue.
- Create ITCR and liaise with IT to improve the AX system related to purchasing if needed.
- Guide and coach newcomer in purchasing team if needed.
Essential Experience/ Skills
- Diploma/ Degree in Materials Management/ Supply Chain Management/ Engineering/ Logistics/ Purchasing/ Logistics disciplines.
- At least 5 years of Purchasing and Planning experience is required for this position.
- Possess good planning and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in ERP systems as well as MS Excel.
- Good ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail and results oriented.
- When needed by management to support Thailand
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Apply Now or E-Mail your resume to email@example.com; subject “Application for 'Job Title'”. Thank you!