Senior Specialist PMS and Medical Liaison – Ophthalmology (d/f/m)
Frankfurt am Main
This role is responsible for the coordination and execution of Post Market Surveillance activities aligned with global regulations with a focus on the EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- Perform medical assessment of complaints to support vigilance reporting.
- Decision maker about reportability to the Competent Authorities.
- Ensure assigned regulatory tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner while maintaining compliance to internal standards/procedures and applicable external industry regulations.
- Perform high-level post-market surveillance activities and projects associated with global regulatory compliance, and quality improvements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create Periodic Safety Update Reports, Post Market Surveillance Plans/ Reports in line with defined process(es) and schedule for all HOYA product lines.
- Coordinate the gathering of the necessary data to create the plans and reports for all HOYA product lines.
- Evaluate the data received to ensure it meets defined parameters and organizes the data into the plans and reports.
- Develop relationships with key internal and external customers to identify, facilitate strategize, and prioritize the necessary activities to meet the business objectives.
- Support Post Market Surveillance meetings.
- Perform medical review of complaints in EMEA regions and when needed Globally and make a decision about reportability to the Competent Authorities
- Create performance reports, metrics, and system reports surrounding Medical Information inquiries.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding and strong knowledge of HOYA’s products.
- Provide project support / vendor management for management of global medical monitors. Maintain relationship with medical monitors and consult when needed.
- Review of PMCF study report evaluations, CER’s and ensure the reports are documented with the required technical information and coordinate activities with PMS documentation (PMS plans, PSURs etc.)
- Provide the feedback regarding the updates to the labeling of HOYA’s products.
- Assist in the development and execution of associated department procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the development, planning, and delivery of training to staff and other teams to ensure efficient processes and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Initiate or participate in various continuous improvement projects that lead to the development of robust processes
- Assist in the preparation and hosting of company audits and compose written responses to any audit findings, as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Graduate of Nursing/Doctor degree from a college/university in ophthalmology
- Minimum 3-5 years of medical experience in ophthalmology area
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Ophthamology clinic
- Industry experience with Class II/III implantable medical devices preferred
- Knowledge of Clinical Research practices and Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of EU MDR 2017/ 745, ISO 13485:2016, FDA 21 CFR part 7/806/820, Vigilance (MEDDEV)
- Experience with PMS activities and vigilance activities
- Real World Evidence experience is highly desirable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound judgments based on objective data and acquired knowledge
- Excellent writing/composition skills with the ability to construct clear and comprehensive clinical/technical narratives
- Solid knowledge of eye diseases, ophthalmologic surgical procedures and technologies is desired
- Fluent English, any additional European language is a plus
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Apply Now or E-Mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “Application for 'Job Title'”. Thank you!